Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Priorities

Priorities

 

Dear Champions,

 

The short excerpt is by Dennis Rainey, and the Scripture is Psalm 143:8,10 . . . Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

 

The Encyclopedia Britannica gives a half page to the accomplishments of Charles Francis Adams, the son of President John Quincy Adams.  The younger Adams followed the political trail of his father and became a U.S. diplomat to Great Britain.  The encyclopedia makes no mention of Charles's family, but Charles's diary does.  One day's entry read:  "Went fishing with my son today-a day wasted."

 

Another diary, however, offers a different perspective:  "Went fishing with my father-the most wonderful day of my life."  The person who wrote those words was Charles's son, Brook.

 

Interesting, isn't it . . . how a little boy's perspective can be so different from his dad's?

 

Psalm 90:12  Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

 

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining