Thursday, October 3, 2013

Everyone Is Welcome!

Everyone Is Welcome!

Dear Champions,

The short excerpt is by Andy Stanley, and the Scripture is John 14:6.  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  

Jesus is the Savior of the world.  He came into the world, and He made a very exclusive claim.  He said, I am the way and the truth and the life.  Nobody gets to the Father except by me.  I know that is narrow, and it's not politically correct.  It is the way that it is, and that's who I am.

"Andy, that's the part that bothers me so much.  That's just so narrow, and it's just not fair."

It may not be fair or politically correct.  It's just true.  Don't make the mistake of determining what's true by what's fair.  A lot of things are true that may not appear to be fair.  A quick illustration is paying taxes.  Imagine writing the IRS a letter. Dear Sir, I don't think the tax code as it is currently written is fair. Therefore, I do not think that it is true that I owe you this money.  What's true and fair may not line up. 

The question is this.  Is it true?   If it's true, it's up to you and me to take it seriously and to place our faith in the only one who has ever come into this world who claimed to be the Savior of mankind.

I'll tell you a little secret.  I think that it's fair.  What can be fairer than this? Everybody is welcome, every nation, tribe and tongue is welcome.  Americans aren't more special than others.  Everybody gets in the same way by faith, and the price for admission has already been paid.  What could be fairer than that?

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining