Monday, March 28, 2011

When Jesus Touches You

When Jesus Touches You

 

Dear Champions,

 

The short excerpt is by Tim Keller, and the Scripture is Matthew 8:2-3 A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.  Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man.  I am willing, he said.  Be clean!  Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.

 

I do not get salvation by being strong and accomplished but by admitting that I am not.  I do not get salvation by negotiating with God but by surrendering.  The way the world looks at power and recognition and status and achievement and accomplishment and beauty and privilege do not matter to the person who has had the salvation of Jesus Christ transform them.  Jesus Christ comes and touches the leper and says the most astounding thing.  I am cleanliness.  No matter how defiled, stained, tainted or no matter who you are or what you have done or what your record is, the minute I touch you, you are fit for the presence of God.  The minute I touch you, my cleanness becomes your cleanness. 

 

Jesus says, I am not one more religious leader telling you how to make yourself fit for the presence of God.  I am the fitness for the presence of God; and the moment you come into contact with me, you are instantly in.

 

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining