Thursday, September 21, 2017

Courage

Courage


Dear Champions,


The scripture is Joshua 1:9.   Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."


Long time former director and owner of Camp Greystone, Mrs. Libby Miller, passed away earlier this week from her battle with cancer.  She was ready to be with Jesus.  Although we who knew her are sad, she is so happy.


In the summer of 2016 Bill Taylor, Jimboy Miller (her son) and I spent an afternoon visiting with her.  She spoke about the time when she changed Camp Greystone to a Christian camp.  There was opposition and criticism.  She felt firmly that this is what God wanted.  She held her convictions.


That was I believe in the early 1970s.  Fast forward now to 2017!  Imagine how many people have given their life to Jesus because of her courageous decision.  Her life influenced so many and continues to do so.  What an amazing woman!


2 Timothy 4:7 says, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Libby, you ran your race so well!  Thank you!


Champions, have a great week!-David Vining