Friday, December 7, 2012

Random Act of Kindness Follow Up

Random Act of Kindness Follow Up

 

Dear Champions, 

The previous story on Larry Stewart was actually 5 years old, so I decided to google him to see if there was any more news on him.  I found out that he actually died in January of 2007 from his battle with cancer at 58 years old.  His private holiday giving started in December 1979 when he was at a drive-in restaurant nursing his wounds from having been fired. It was the second year in a row he had been fired the week before Christmas.

"It was cold and this carhop didn't have on a very big jacket, and I thought to myself, `I think I got it bad. She's out there in this cold making nickels and dimes,"' he said. He gave her $20 and told her to keep the change.

Champions, once again, have a great week!-David Vining