Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Wounded Me

A Wounded Me

 

Dear Champions,

The short excerpt is by Tim Keller, and the Scripture is Luke 22:42-44  "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."  An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

There's no better way to intimacy with God than to have something horrible happen in your life that makes you really doubt God's love and go to Him anyway and say, "By God's grace, Thy will be done."  When it's hard, pray anyway.  When it's hard, obey anyway.  Keep saying, "Thy will be done," and it'll push you into an intimacy that you never had because you'll have to get to know Him as the good shepherd.  If you've been wounded and you say, "Lord, I want you to heal me," but it doesn't look like you are getting healed, then there is only one way through it.  You must say, "Evidently God you want a wounded me in this world to do certain things and be a certain person and get certain things done that I couldn't get done unless I was wounded. 

If in the history of the world, God has done His saving work through defeat, suffering, pain and confusing, inexplicable tragic and difficult situations, wouldn't it make sense that sometimes He'll work in your life like that? 

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining