Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mercy and Grace

Mercy and Grace

 

The short excerpt is by Andy Stanley, and the Scripture is Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach God s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 

 

When you come to God, come boldly and confidently and with extreme emotion because He knows what you are carrying, and you will receive mercy every single time.  Mercy is Jesus standing outside the tomb of Lazarus already knowing that He is going to raise Lazarus from the dead and that everything is going to work out.  Yet before He intervenes, He pauses and weeps (John 11:35).  Everyone watching said, Look how much He loved Lazarus.  Why did He pause and weep?  It is because your Savior understands, and He is not too big and busy to feel what you feel.  Mercy is, I know, and I am not angry at you for feeling it. Keep bringing it to me every single time, and my response to you is going to be MERCY!  Sometimes it is going to be tangible mercy, and it is going to take the pressure off. Sometimes it is going to be the intangible thing that comes from knowing that my Heavenly Father knows, and that will be enough.

 

There is a second thing that you get every single time and that is the GRACE to help you in your time of need.  Grace in this context is the strength and the energy to endure.  God has not promised to deliver us from our circumstances, but He has promised us to be with us through them.  God says, Sometimes I am going to take the pressure off and intervene in your circumstances, but I can promise you every single time to give you the grace, strength, and power to endure if you will come to me. Do not give up on me just because you could not fine me in the circumstances of life.

 

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining