Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Great Faith-Part 2

Great Faith-Part 2

 

The short excerpt is by Andy Stanley, and the Scripture is John 5:30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.  John 12:49-50 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.  I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.  John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

 

Jesus will is the Father s will, and the Father s will is all about other people.  Jesus only does and says what is His Father s will; so it appears that He has no life of His own, yet here we are 2000 years later gathered in His name.  If you are wrestling with the authenticity of Christianity, how did this kind of stuff ever get out of the 1st century?  Why would you even write this stuff down or follow anyone like this?  Jesus wakes up everyday and does the will of the Father and says what the Father says and accomplishes the Father s agenda.  If you ever try to intersect with Jesus words, you have got to know where He is coming from.  If at any point you are going to try and leverage the words of Jesus for your own benefit, you need to know where He was coming from.  It was not about that for Him.  Great faith resulted in great surrender.

 

Jesus is like a vehicle or a pipeline that God is just doing His work through.  What His followers understood is that as you surrender to the will of your Father; God is going to do extraordinary things through you, but they are not going to be for your benefit but for the benefit of other people.  This is not about you coming up with a list and saying, Okay, you promised. This is about getting on your knees and saying, Okay, What is next?  What do you want me to do, and where do you want me to go?

 

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining