Saturday, December 24, 2011

My First Christmas in Heaven

My First Christmas in Heaven

 

 

Dear Champions,

 

The following poem has given a lot of comfort to my wife, Beth, as this is her first Christmas without her mother.  The poem was written by Beth s mom to Beth after Beth s father died 11 years ago.  We do not know who wrote the poem, but we thought that it may bless others that are missing a loved this Christmas.

 

My First Christmas in Heaven

 

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,

With tiny lights, like heaven s stars, reflecting on the snow.

 

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,

For I m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

 

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,

But the sounds of music can t compare with the Christmas choir up here.

 

I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,

For it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.

 

I know how much you miss me.  I see the pain inside your heart,

But I am not so far away.  We really aren t apart.

 

I send you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.

I send you each a memory of my undying love.

 

After all LOVE is the gift, more precious than pure gold.

It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

 

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do.

For I can t count the blessings or love He has for each of you.

 

So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.

Remember, I m spending Christmas, with Jesus Christ this year.

 

Author unknown

 

Champions, have a Merry Christmas!-David Vining

 

P.S.  If you have not seen this video of the Christmas story, then you will be blessed to take just a little over 3 minutes to watch it. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWq60oyrHVQ