Monday, January 11, 2010

Jesus is the Something Else

Jesus is the Something Else

Dear Champions,

The short excerpt is by Heather Brown Holleman in the first paragraph and is by Larry Crab in the second paragraph.

Rick Hove, said, Do we pursue Jesus as a means to something more beautiful? In other words, many times I see my relationship with Jesus as the way to find health, happiness, or prosperity. But really, Jesus Himself is the thing I want. He is not a means to something else. He is the Something Else.

We approach Jesus the way a child approaches a weary Santa Claus in the mall, who for the hundredth time asks, What do you want for Christmas? I wager no child has ever pressed close to Santa s chest, looked up into his eyes, and said, You! I want only you. No child believes having Santa join him for dinner could bring more joy than watching Santa stack presents beneath the tree. Do we want the blessing of a better life more than we desire to draw near to Jesus?

May our hearts become like Psalm 27: 4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining