Friday, December 5, 2008

In All Your Ways Acknowledge Him

Dear Champions,

 

The short excerpt is by Dabo Swinney after he was named Clemson's head football coach last Monday, and the Scripture is Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

 

I need to take this platform that I have been blessed with, and I need to thank God.  There's only one reason that this guy from Alabama is sitting in front of you today, and that's because of the grace of God.  I hope people will listen to me when I tell them what my secret to success is.  That is to put your eyes on the Lord in everything that you do, believe in yourself, and you don't quit.  If you do that; you'll know success, and you'll know true happiness.

 

Last week as I knew this thing (of being the interim coach) was coming to an end, not knowing what was going to happen, I got a little devotional that comes to me everyday.  Tuesday of last week the scripture for the day was Revelation 3:8 (I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut.  I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.). 

 

I came in Thursday morning and deleted that email, and it shows up again-the same email and the same verse.  So we had our Thanksgiving service that morning, and I read it to the team.  We've opened a door that nobody can shut.  I had a great peace about it, and I pretty much knew that South Carolina was in trouble on Saturday.

 

Champions, have a great week!-David Vining

 

P.S.  To read Dabo Swinney's life story and how he endured an alcoholic father and losing his home while in high school and many other challenges, click on the following link. 

 

http://clemson.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=882281